2021 YLC Dates: June 29 – July 24, 2022
Tuition Fee: $2,900
Camp Taloali, Oregon
Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
All NAD YLC campers should meet the following expectations:
- High school sophomores and juniors (going to be a junior or senior)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
All applicants are required to submit:
- Online Application (including a typed essay or a video essay, and your resume)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendations
- $50 Application Fee
After receiving a letter of acceptance, campers must complete the following:
- Provide a photocopy of both sides of the health insurance card
- Complete and submit a health history form signed by a physician
- Sign and return all required forms
Applicants must complete the online camper application. Applicants will not be considered if we do not receive all information requested (Written Essay or Video Essay, Resume, Letters of Recommendations). The deadline is February 1, 2022. We will send you an email to inform you about the status of your application.
Applicants are required to submit a typed essay OR video essay, which must include an answer to the following question:
- If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be and why?
You need to choose one:
- Typed Essay; it must have your full name on the top, must be half-page, single spaced with 12 pt font, should be written by the applicant without assistance from others, saved as a Microsoft Word document with the filename: YLC_Essay_LastName _FirstName. (ex. YLC_Essay_Wright_Jimel). The online application will have a section for you to attach your essay.
- Video Essay; the video must be no more than 2 minutes and be submitted as an Unlisted YouTube link. The online application will have a section for you to post your link.
Applicants are also required to submit a resume. If you do not have a resume, please write few paragraphs that describe your leadership experiences. These experiences should be revolved around your involvement in school activities or community events you have participated in. Please include your resume as a separate document from your essay.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants will need to ask three references to fill out the letters of recommendations, one each of the following:
- School administrator (ex: Principal, Assistant Principal, Dean of Student Life, Residential Supervisor)
- Jr. NAD advisor, Organization sponsor, School Counselor or Dorm Counselors
** We look forward to receiving your camper application! **
If you need assistance, please do not hesitate and contact us at [email protected].