2021 NAD YLC Summer Positions
Apply by April 1, 2021
- Pre-Camp Prep: June/ July 2021 (TBD)
- Virtual YLC: July 5 – July 17, 2021
- Staff Wrap-Up: July 19, 2021
Working at a camp is a real job! Even though we are going virtual, we still need Builders (what we call our staff members) to lead the first-ever virtual camp. Our Builders will receive a stipend for only a few hours of work on a daily basis from July 5th – July 17th.
On top of the paycheck, you will also benefit from the following:
- Be a pioneer of the first ever virtual YLC experience
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Network with other staff members and guest presenters
- Learn from and interact with our diverse campers
- Can become an internship opportunity – please contact Director of Youth Programs, Chanel Bonheyo.
- Letter of recommendations for your future jobs
- and most important of all, invest in our deaf youth
We are hiring Builders (our camp counselors)! Job responsibilities include:
- Supervise campers during Zoom gatherings;
- Ensure campers participation in group activities;
- Responsible for teaching, coordinating and executing activities;
- Participate and assist in all program areas as assigned;
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior;
- Contribute to written evaluations and communications.
Qualifications: (Minimum Education and Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Fluency in American Sign Language
- 20+ years of age preferred
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Consent to a complete background check
- Experience working with youth (high school students preferred)
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in program areas designated camp program areas
- Comfortable with using online tools, including Zoom
- Access to using computer or laptop with internet
Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Online Staff Application
Applicants for builders are required to complete the online Staff application. If we do not receive all required information, online application, resume and three letters of recommendation, the applicant will not be considered for a position. You will be notified of your acceptance for the interview portion of the application process. After your interview, we will contact you with our decision.
All applicants are required to submit a resume in a Microsoft Word document and save it as YLC_Staff Resume_LastName _FirstName. (ex. YLC_Staff_Resume_Gleicher_Chanel.doc). You must also submit a cover letter (saved as YLC_Staff_Cover_LastName_FirstName.doc) with answers to two out of the following questions:
- How can you contribute as a potential administration team or staff member, towards the overall NAD YLC program? Include your qualities and experience for positions that you are interested in applying for.
- What are your overall personal and professional goal(s) and how will working at YLC help you attain these?
- If you are a former NAD YLC administration team/staff member and are applying for this year, please explain what were your strengths and weaknesses during your previous session as a YLC staff member? How do you plan to improve on them this summer?
Applicants need to submit a 1.5-2 minute video answering the question, “What type of leadership characteristics and qualities do you possess and how will they benefit NAD YLC?” Please provide your video link in the application form.
Letters of Recommendation
New applicants need to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. The recommendations must be completed. Important Note: Recommendation letters are not required for returning staff members.
** We look forward to receiving your staff application by April 1, 2021! **
If you need assistance, please do not hesitate and contact us at [email protected]