Camp dates: July 17 to August 11, 2020
Tuition Fee: $2,750
Camp Taloali, Oregon
APPLY by February 2, 2020.
All NAD YLC campers should meet the following expectations:
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL)
- High school sophomores and juniors (going to be a junior or senior)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
All applicants are required to submit:
- Online Application (including a typed essay, video essay, and your resume)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendations
After receiving a letter of acceptance, campers must complete the following:
- Provide a photocopy of both sides of the health insurance card
- Complete and submit a health history form signed by a physician
- Sign and return medical release, liability agreement, and publicity release forms
- Complete any other required forms
Campers must complete the online camper application. Applicants will not be considered if we do not receive all information requested (Essay, Video Essay, Resume, Letters of Recommendation). The deadline is February 1, 2019. We will send you an email to inform you about the status of your application. If you are accepted as a 2019 YLC camper, we will contact you with more information.
Students who meet the above expectations will submit a typed essay and a video essay, which must include answers to the following questions:
- Typed Essay; it must have your full name on the top, must be half-page per question, single spaced with 12 pt font, should be written by the applicant without assistance from others, saved as a Microsoft Word document with the filename: YLC_Essay_LastName _FirstName. (ex. YLC_Essay_Gleicher_Chanel). The online application will have a section for you to attach your essay. The essay must answer both questions:
- What has motivated you to apply for NAD YLC?
- How do you think you will benefit from the experience?
- Video Essay Question; applicants need to submit a 1-2 minute video answering:
- If you found a genie in a bottle that could grant you any wish, what would it be?
Students are also required to submit a resume. If you do not have a resume, please write few paragraphs that describe your leadership experiences. These experiences should be revolved around your involvement in school activities or community events you have participated in. Please include your resume as a separate document from your essay.
Letters of Recommendation
Camper applicants need to provide three (3) letters of recommendations, one each of the following:
- School administrator (ex: Principal, Assistant Principal, Dean of Student Life, Residential Supervisor)
- Jr. NAD advisor or School Counselor
** We look forward to receiving your camper application! **
If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].